We have discussed a number of portable generators in the previous articles and their importance in the daily lives of people and the industries. We also know that different generators have different features along with the capacity of power that they can supply.
In this section of the article, we will be focusing on the generators that will allow you to use two types of fuel together that is the gasoline and the propane.
We know that the gasoline is available to us easily but it also has a number of disadvantages that we need to know. The propane us cheap and is clean too. The generators that we will be discussing will allow you to use both the gasoline and the propane. You can Fuel both fuels in the quantity that you like. In today’s scenario, we have a wide variety of options in every field. So we need to look for the number of options that we get for this particular topic. So below are the 10 best generators that you can use with dual fuel.
- This generator can be regarded as the best choice for a generator with dual fuel capacity. This is regarded and tagged as the gold standard. This fuel generator has an electric button which will help you start the generator. Due to this start button, it is very convenient to operate the generator.
- This generator is available to you with already filled oil that is the gasoline and the propane. So you need to just operate the generator the rest is already done for you.
- The generator is quite heavy but it provided with a wheel kit so that will help you balance the weight and also the sturdy tires that will help you give the position to the generator accordingly.
- The engine of the generator is of 439cc and is very trustworthy so you don’t need to worry about it much. It will operate well. The generator gives you a warranty of 3 years and also free support for any of the technical issues.
- With this generator, you are able to get a good runtime. With the fuel gasoline alone you can run the generator for about 30 hours. The load that it can work is about 1000 watts.
- When the generator is working well with the maximum load it will still work for 8 hours on the go on the gasoline tank. And it can work for 6 long hours if the propane d us being used.
- The generator has an advantage that it starts up without any issues in places where there is heavy cold. A number of generators might not start up properly and may give you issues regarding starting up. But this generator will not let you face any such kind of issues.
- There is also a surge protector in the panel that will protect the devices and there are no cases of the spike. In this generator, we have four outlets of 120V and two outlets of 30A.
Now let us see some of the advantages and the disadvantages of the generator.
- It is a dual fuel generator that helps you use both the fuel that us gasoline and propane.
- It has a surge protector installed that helps you protect from spikes.
- It gives you a warranty period of three years and a good service to the customers.
- There is a gauge that tracks power and maintains the needs.
- There is also a shut-off button for low oil conditions.
- The generator produces large sound up to 74 decibels.
- It is quite expensive.
- This generator is very quite more than that you expect it to be.
- It is also very quiet as compared to the other generators. Since the generator gives you a large amount of power, therefore, the sound of 72 decibels for this amount is very less.
- There is a spark arrestor that will protect you from the sparks.
- This generator also has an easy start-up option. You just need to turn up the key to start it up. In the cases when the battery is empty you also have the option of using the pull cable they will give you backup power.
- The weight of the generator is 265 pounds. The transportation of the generator is very easy due to the solid tires and the handle.
- The power that this generator can supply you is about 10000 watts and a power of 8000 wards when it runs continuously. You can use this generator in the cases when your households are out of power. The power is provided to you from the 18 HP air engine. The power panel provides everything and keeps everything organised for you.
- The generator also has lights and gauged too for the maintenance and information if the output.
There are a number of 6 outlets in the generator which are as follows:
- 2 outlets for 120 volts and 20 amp.
- 1 outlet for 120 volts and twist-lock of 30 amp.
- 1 outlet for 120 volts or 240 volts with twist-lock if 30 amp
- 1 outlet for 120 v or 240 volts with the heavy outlet of 50 amp.
- 1 outlet for 12 v and 10 Amp
- The generator will provide you with a warranty of 1 year. But it is not well known for good customer service.
- You need a large investment for this generator and the warranty period that it offers is also very large.
- A huge engine for a large amount of power.
- It has a wheel kit along with the generator.
- It has a very easy start with just a key.
- It has switches for both the fuel options.
- It is a quite generator.
- The generator is quite expensive.
- No good customer service.
- The generator does not offer you the surge protector.
- This generator may not provide you with a large amount of power as the other generators might provide you but this generator is not that expensive and is very affordable. It can give up to 4850 watts and the engine of the generator runs on 196cc. The engine is horsepower air cool engine.
- You can switch the games in this dual generator. This is from either gasoline to propane it from propane to gasoline.
- The generator is user-friendly and operating it is quite easy. To start it you have an electric start that operated from the key. You just need to twist the key and your generator will start.
- The generator also provides you with the backup in case the fuel finishes and you need more power it had a backup recoil which will help you in that case.
- The front panel of the generator has a voltage meter, a circuit breaker and the outlets which are on the generator.
- The generator is light and is of about 130 pounds. The generator has solid tires and handles too which help it to transport in an easier manner.
- The generator has an oversized muffler which helps in reducing noise levels. The generator will provide you with low levels of noise that is 69 decibels. The Duromax generator does not provide you with very great customer service but it still provides you with a warranty of three years that is quite sufficient.
Let us look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of using this generator. These are:
- It has wheels and also handles which help in transportation
- It has an easy start that is just from a key.
- It has a switch that helps you switch your power from gasoline to propane.
- It also shuts off your generator automatically when there is no oil or low oil.
- It does not provide a very large amount of power as compared to the other generators.
- The tires of the generator can be improved.
Sportsman GEN 4000 DF
- This generator is quite precious for those users who do not have a large budget and want to purchase a dual fuel generator. In spite of the fact that it has a low price, it has a number of exciting features.
- The generator can provide you with a power of about 3500 watts that us more than sufficient for some of the users. The engine of the generator that is the 7 HP engine will not give you a large power of about tonnes but will satisfy your requirements.
- The generator does not give you an electric start that is it does not operate from a key that will start up your generator. It is operated from a pull cable that will start your generator.
- The front panel of the generator consists of a voltage meter, switches for turning it on and off, outlets that are six in number and the circuit breakers. The panel us quite organised with all of its functions.
The outlets of the generator are :
- Four outlets if 120 volts
- One outlet if 120 v RV
- One outlet for 1-12 v DC.
- The weight of the generator is about 90 pounds it is one of those very light generators.
- Since we do not find ant wheels on the generator and 90 pounds is quite heavy to be lifted up the transportation of this generator is a bit difficult.
- The generator is very quiet and will not provide a large amount of noise. It will be just about 69 db. It is just as loud as a conversation.
- So you can opt for this generator is you have a low budget and you are satisfied with the features.
Some of the advantages and disadvantages of the generator are listed below.
- It has a warranty for about a year.
- It shuts off automatically in the conditions when there is low oil.
- It is quiet and produces sound up to 69db.
- It is quite affordable as it comes up at a low price.
- There is no electric start for this particular generator.
- There are no wheels which make transportation difficult.
- It does not provide you as much power as it is required.
Duromax Fortress Hybrid
- This generator is a type of the Duromax generator which comes up with some issues.
- This generator is available in a medium range of price that is not too high and not too low. The quality and the construction of this generator is not too good in comparison to the other generators.
- The generator weighs up to 100 pounds which is heavy to lift it up all alone so it had the wheels which makes it easy to transport the generator.
- Since it supplies only 3500 watts of power more number if outlets would have been more suitable for this type of generator.
The outlets are:
- Two outlets of 120 v AC.
- The only outlet of 30 Amp which is the locking outlet discusses the ease of use of the generator it is good.
- The generator has a key for starting it up and it also has a backup cool which supplies power when the fuel was exhausted.
- There is an exciting feature in this generator that will automatically turn off the generator when the oil levels are low. The construction of the generator is quite poor and the manual for users is also too poor. The generator also will not satisfy your customer service needs.
- When talking about the warranty the generator will not provide you with a large period of warranty. It will be just a warranty period of 1 year. The engine of the generator us 7 HP which is quite durable and also reliable since you use propane as the fuel you need to be assured.
- The generator also has very low noise levels. The level of noise is around 67 db.
Some of the advantages and disadvantages of using this generator are:
- The generator is quiet and does not produce much sound
- It has good oil levels and performance as well.
- It helps you switch the fuels.
- It is user-friendly.
- It provides you with a warranty of 1 year.
- It has only three outlets
- It gives warranty of a year that only to be on the machine parts.
- The filling of the fuel tank is difficult.
- This generator is one of those generators that will supply you large power and is portable too. The generator is a dual fuel generator that helps you switch the fuels between the gasoline and the propane.
- The generator can provide you large power of about 10000 watts and can provide you with a power of an out 8000 when it is to run continuously.
- It can give an out 9000 watts for gasoline and about 7000 watts for the propane gas.
- Thus much power is sufficient to give power to homes and can also be kept as a backup when the power is not there.
- The engine of the generator us of 420 ccs and the engine will start up from a push button.
- The runtime of this generator is the best as compared to the other generators that are it can run up to 48 hours on a load of 1000 watts.
There are a number of outlets of this generator. These are :
- Four outlets for 120 volts
- One outlet if 120 volts and 240 volts with a twist lock.
- One outlet for 30 amp RV
- And one outlet for 50 amp.
- The generator is ready for full RV anchor the weigh of the generator is very heavy. It weighs up to 200 pounds which cannot be lifted up.
- But the generator makes use of the wheels and the handles which make its transportation easy.
- The generator is helpful to you and provides you with a manual that the users can use to solve up the issues.
- The Pulsar will give you a warranty for 2 years and good customer service too.
Some of the advantages and disadvantages of the generator are:
- It has an electric start from a key.
- It gives you a warranty period of two years.
- It has a user-friendly manual.
- It is ready for RV
- It has 7 outlets
- It shuts off automatically when the generator us I low oil condition.
- It is quite expensive
Champion 3800 watts
- Once again we will be discussing the generator of the champion company.
- The generator will give you a power of about 7500 watts and the rest of the features and quality is regarded to be the same as the earlier one.
- The power of the generator that it can supply is about 3800 watts or maximum up to 4750 watts. Thus power is sufficient bug it cannot provide power to almost everything that you use in your home’s.
- The generator is fully ready for RV.
It has the following outlets:
- It has two outlets for 120 v and 20 amp.
- One outlet for 120 v and 30 amp RV
- One outlet for 30 Amp m and locking outlet.
- The generator has a surge protector that protects you from shocks and sparks. The engine of the generator is of 224cc and it is known to the dependable generator.
- This generator starts from a button which you need to press and the generator starts automatically.
- The weight of the generator is about 100 pounds and still, it is a heavy one so we need to include the wheels and the handles to transport it easily.
- It has great runtime and good power capabilities. There is a gauge attached on the front panel of the generator that helps you to know about the power output. It also informs you about the maintenance issues. There is auto shut off option in this generator in the cases when the levels of oil are low.
- This generator is regarded to be as one of those most affordable generators that you can use.
- It is ready for RV
- There are great support and a good warranty
- It has a start through a button
- You can switch between the fuels
- It is very affordable
- It does not include as many outlets as it could have.
- This type of Duromax generator would require a large investment. But if you require great and large watts of power the Duromax will provide you with a large power that will satisfy your needs and you would not feel that its price was too high.
- The price and the investment for this generator are high due to a reason that is it good quality and the power.
- The generator will supply you ample amounts of power that is up to 12000 watts and 9500 watts when it is needed to run for a long time on a go. If you have this generator you can power up your entire house and it will provide you backup too if it is required.
- It can run up to a maximum of 48 hours and that to be under the load of 1000 watts.
- The engine is of 457 ccs and engine is a workhouse.
- The generator is quite heavy but due to the wheels and the handles it had become easier to carry it around and transport it easily.
- Since it offers a large amount of power the outlets should be more and two outlets of 120 volts do not satisfy the power that it provides.
The outlets are:
- There is one outlet of 120 volts and 30 amp of twist lock.
- One outlet of 129 v and 240 volts for 30 amp twist lock.
- There is one more outlet of 120 volts and 240 volts with 50 Amp heavy duty.
- The generator is user-friendly and it starts up electrically and will also provide backup to you when required.
- The engine will not work and will shut off when the levels of oil will be less. The light will blink to aware you about the low oil level.
- The generator is noisy a bit. This generator has some advantages and disadvantages that are:
- It can provide you with tonnes of power
- It gives you backup with recoil cable
- There are wheels and handles for easy transport
- The runtime is large.
- It will not provide you with a carb compliant.
- The model of ford genes has an engine of 420cc and it has a 4 stroke engine. The engine will allow you to have an output of about 6250 Watts. The engine will not work long and will turn off automatically if it finds that the levels of oil are low.
- The generator will last longer and work well. It is easily reliable since this generator is created by the Ford company and it will give you a maximum output of about 6250 watts.
- This generator can start up with the electric button. You just need to press the button and the generator starts. It also provides you with a backup in case the power is exhausted.
Some of the advantages and disadvantages of using this generator are listed below.
- It has good covers of outlets
- It has a voltage regulator that us automatic
- It has wheels and handles too that make it easy for you to transport.
- It has a dual fuel system which helps you switch the fuel between the gasoline and the propane.
- It gives you a warranty of two years.
- You can rely on it and it is a engine which is dependable.
- It is quite noisy since it supplies large power.
Firman H03651 Hybrid
- You can trust this generator for giving you the best warranty and is one of those generators that are very well known to be a dual fuel generator. It gives you a three year warranty that is really great.
- The generator is very easy to use and it can start-up easily. You just need to press the button to start it up and it also provides you back up when it is required.
- You can also switch between your fuels easily.
- The generator has a feature that us not available on most of the generators and us rated to find. That is it has a fuel gauge.
- The outlets if the generator are four in number and are helping in keeping the generator dust free. It also comes up with a voltage regulator that maintains the voltage and is helpful in protection.
- The generator us RV ready and will give you a 120 volts 30 amp RV outlet.
The generator also has two outlets which are
- 120 volts outlet and
- 120 v 30 amp
- The construction of this generator is very simple and is really light in weight which carry along the handles and wheels for easy transportation.
- The engine of the generator is of 208 cc and which will help you to get 4550 watts of power and 3650 when it is on the go for gasoline. The power for propane is 4100 maximum and 3300 when it is run for long time.
- The engine has an option of automatically turning off the generator when the levels of oil are low.
Some of the advantages and disadvantages of the generator are:
- It gives you a large period of warranty that is 3 years.
- It is ready for RV
- It has a voltage regulator that helps you protect and keep voltage in mark
- It is quite light in weight
- It turn off automatically when oil is less
- There are only two outlets of 120 volts